Back to School - Whats does 'THAT' mean???

| Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Digital Era

I get allot of requests nowadays for purchase of Copyright, or asking if my packages include Copyright, asking for High Res negs, or even Raw Files. In this digital age, everyone wants to get their photos in a digital format, and that's great! It makes thing so much easier to show off your images on Facebook, or email a photo to your Auntie in England who couldn't make it over for your Wedding, or to get a few reprints made at the local digi-lab. Its also excellent for Backup purposes as I'm sure we have all had a DVD or Harddrive fail on us one time or another.

I want to take some time to educate my clients - past present and future, and all those out there interested in photography in general, to what all these things actually mean, as sometimes the terminology can get lost in the excitement. Not everyone has a degree in Photography or Digital Management (not even me! I have a Diploma and 8 years work experience) so a little extra info never goes astray.

Wednesday will be my Back To School posts, where i try to demystify what some of these terms actually mean in real life, and what they mean to YOU and your photos, and how you can get the very best out of your Wedding and Portrait images.

Photobucket

Some of the topics I hope to cover are....

  • Whats the difference between Raw and Jpg
  • How big do I really need my files to be to get a decent print out of them?
  • What is the difference between Copyright and Printing Rights?
  • Why do I need to purchase prints from the studio when I already have printing rights to my files? Is there a difference? (oh yes there is!)
  • What can I DO with my files now that I have them?
  • Where is the best place to go to get prints?


Photobucket

And maybe mooooore!!! Let me know what you would like to have answered!

And to answer the question - Do my packages include Printing rights?? Ahhhh well you will just have to wait and see ;)

0 Fabulous Comments!: