What is in a Name??

| Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm sure most people who read this blog can sympathise. When you get married, the first thing people ask you (after the inevitable....'Whens the Baby coming???') is "Are you changing your name???"

Now I have waited me whole life to be a MRS. The perfect wedding day was being planned from the time I first played dress up in kindy and married my cat in the lounge room. I couldn't wait to loose what I thought was kindof a boring name.

But now that I AM married I find myself feeling almost disjointed, something i never really thought would happen. In the past 3 years, since I started Clare Day Photographic Design properly, Ive actually begin to LIKE my name, and LIKE the person behind it, and LIKE the association and I LOVE it when people go "Oh yeah I know Clare Day, she is AWESOME' :lol: Here in Bunbury I'm a semi-celebrity (I wish) and if i change it I could go back to being a NOBODY!! AGH!

BUT I also LOVE being part of a team, being part of a Family that is mine and my Husband's. Being JOINED.

So I'm playing with my name and seeing what fits best.

So far I like Clare Day Silvestro, no Hyphenation. I think it works nicely :) John will just stay Silvestro....and any kids will be too. Too many middle names would get confusing me thinks!

But I'm not changing my business name. That's in the too hard basket :)

0 Fabulous Comments!: